Monday, October 19, 2015

Digital Story



This week’s readings where very informative!  I will never think of a bit, bite, MP3, music format, or a  digital image format the same after reading them.   I commonly use MP3 and JPEG formats for my digital needs but from here on I will look for opportunities to have a discerning eye and ear when it comes to my digital music and images.  Now as far as the article that mentions the video uploads and their differences.  The key point I took away was to make sure what is coming out of your machine is compatibility with your editing software and size matters keep it small. 

ALL this is to get to the part that I LOVE and think would be most useful in the class room . . . . . DIGITAL STORY TELLING!!!!   I can see this used in the class room in SO many ways.  Can you imagine math lessons being taught from a digital platform ? For students that are absent they could just upload today’s video and still be on track.  The teachers could use class time to field concerns and hang up students are facing AFTER viewing the lesson.  I have seen something similar used in classrooms as low as PRE-K.  I’ve seen the teacher using a recorded version of themselves introducing letter sounds and reading books.  I’ve also seen “guest readers” a child’s parent recording themselves reading a family favorite that the teacher projects during reading time.  I’ve also seen Science and Social Studies teachers use similar formats to supplement or introduce a concept.  All of this as a SPED major appeals to hitting multiple learning styles and is a great attempt to reach learners in a new cutting edge format in this digital age. 



No comments:

Post a Comment